Friday, December 23, 2005

Story: Psychopath and Library (5)

PSYCHOPATH AND LIBRARY (5)
By: Yunita Ramadhana

“Is it Sammy, right?” Soni says.
“It isn’t sure,” I reply. “An, what did you say just now, it is not clear. What does happen after that night?”
“Heh? There’s nothing happen. Ok, I must go home now, is it ok?” she asks and steals a glance at Soni
“Not join with us?”
“No, thanks. I drive my own car.”
“An, your earing is so cool, is it fashion?”
“Yeah...metropolitan style,” she replies with face in red. “Ok, I go now, bye...”
Anti moves to the car park while Soni is still looking at Anti, very sharp without blinking.

“Hellooo...are you there? What’s wrong with you? Attracted hah?” I ask.
“Not bad, I like her.”
“Men are men! If you’re attracted to her, I’ll convey your regards.”
“Really??? I love it”
“Damn!”
Soni and I get in to his car. He drives it in medial speed, breaks the night which is so dark and cool, lighted by moon and stars. Finally, we reach my home. I ask him to stay for a while, but he refuses as he must pick his mothers up from the Mall near our campus.

Tuesday, 18th September 2003...
My campus is so lonely today, not as usual. I see a crowd at the notice board of my faculty. What’s up? I walk a little fast to the board. Oh my God... Anti? It’s impossible, she is fine yesterday. It is noticed that she was found in death in her room with some stabs at her stomach. Not far from her corpse, it was found a letter sounds “my earings... S...”, but it is broken on the “S”. She can’t finish it. I predicts that the ‘S’ is the initial of the doer. I leave the board, and keep thinking who is the murder. Is he? Sammy? I remind of the incident yesterday in which I saw he always keep looking at Anti’s earing. Oh God...it must be true. But where’s the prove? In that letter, it just write ‘S’ and it’s not absolute that it is the initial of the doer. But, if Sammy is the murder, why did he not do it in library? He always do it there. Moreover, Anti is not a new comer, but how about the stabs? Does it because of she also comes from Surabaya? Thousands questions appears in my mind, who is he? My head becomes dizzy because of that. Is it because of Anti knows something that she never reveals to me? I remind of what she had said to me last night, “After that night...” It’s absolutely because she knows something.
“Joe,” Soni calls me.
“Yope,” I reply.
“Have you heard the news about Anti?”
“Sure. Poor Anti, I know that you are...” I stop it and look at Soni.
“It’s OK, maybe it’s my destiny.”
“Don’t be so sad, there’s so many others out there,” I reply, trying to make him tough, though inside of my heart I feel so sorry because of that.
“Thanks Joe,” he says sadly.
While on the other side, there’s a man wearing a hat is looking sharply at Joe.

Tuesday, 25th September 2003...
One week has passed since that time. The police have not found the murder yet. He’s really a psychopath. I still convince that Sammy is the man, as I never saw him for a week. Same with Sammy, Soni also didn’t come for one week, maybe he gets shock; besides, he has to go for his cousin wedding party. I feel so lonely. To entertain myself, I fill my days by reading some books in library. There’s nothing to be afraid now as Sammy is not here.

It’s almost 6.00 p.m. now. I’ve been in this place for three hours as the lecturer who should take the class can’t come. Alas! I have to go now, but aah...it just a little bit in rest, it must finished now. One hour has gone, but there’s still one book that I have to summarize. It’s better if I borrow it as it’s already 7.00 p.m! It seems so dark outside. I go to Mrs. Santi and give my card together with the book which I want to borrow. I see around the room, there’re only five people here. I stop my eyes at a table in the corner. I see a figure who I know very well, and then open my eyes widely... Oh my God! Th...th...th..that’s Sammy! He’s come! What should I do now? I try to relax. Calm down Joe, you will go home soon, I speak to myself.
“What are you looking Joe? You seem so serious. I called you many times,” Mrs. Santi’s voice has broken my mind.
“Eer..eer..nothing. Is it something wrong mam?”
“Nope, I just want to ask you what date is today.”
“Oh, it is 25th September,” I reply.

What? 25th September? I feel so surprise. That’s...that’s...that’s the date when the terrible incident was happened. Oh God...please help me, please save my soul, I don’t want to be the next, I pray.
“Here’s the book Joe. You must return it next week,” For the second times, she breaks my mind.
“Ye...ye...yes mam. I must go home now.”
“Be careful honey...” I see her smiling to me and shaking her head. I walk as fast as I can. Oh God... If I have the wings, I’ll fly to sky so I can get home soon_ I grumble. I walk so fast without taking attention around me, but suddenly... Buk!!!
“Soni? Ar...ar...are you here?” I say in bursts. “When did you come?”
“I came home today, at 5.00 p.m. I phone you, but your mom said that you’ve not gone home. So, I come here as based on my experience, you must be here. What’s wrong with you, you look so pale!”
“Th...th...there’s Sammy in the library,” I turn my face back. He’s already out from library! “He’s come, let’s go!” I command.
“Take it easy Joe, I’m with you now.”

I don’t care about what he’s said, I feel so afraid now. I hold his hand and walk very quickly to the parking area. From the corner of my eye, I see Sammy is walking behind us and as we do, he also walk very quickly trying to reach us. Happily, we reach it at last. Soni and I get in to the car. The night turns so dark and of course it makes me more afraid than before. I see Sammy stand frozenly seeing me and Soni in the car. Got you! You’re not success now!

Tomorrow morning, 26th September 2003...
The campus is very lonely today. There’s no people around the park of this campus. It’s not usual. Far away, there’s a crowd in front of notice board of faculty of Literature. Everyone who has seen it saying: Poor Joe... I feel so sorry about Joe, she’s very clever and generous... How poor you are Joe... It is written:
A female student named Joyce Anggraini (Joe), the third semester student, was found in death infront of the library’s door, with ten stabs around her chest and stomach.
Like three years ago, the police come, take over this case, and put the ‘police line’ around the library. They investigate Mrs. Santi. Hani, Joe’s best friend seems so sad because of her death and cries without stopping.

Meanwhile, in the other place of this faculty, there’re two men who talk each other. One of them wears hat as he always does; and the other is a very handsome man, with his tall and proporsional body. The man with hat seems so afraid, sitting at the room’s corner in full of regrets expression, while the one else is looking at him very sharp as if he will eat him alive.

THE END

JMI-New Delhi, INDIA
Monday, 21st November ‏2005

Scholarship Blog International Scholarships

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


:: F R I E N D S::
|| Purwarno Hadinata || Rozio || A. Fatih Syuhud || Rizqon Khamami || A Qisai || Lukman Nul Hakim|| Zamhasari Jamil|| Rini Ekayati|| Najlah Naqiyah || Zulfitri || Fadlan Achdan|| Tylla Subijantoro|| Saifullah Hayati Nur|| Mukhlis Zamzami|| Edward Ott|| Thinley|| Ahmed|| Dudi Aligarh|| Irwansyah Yahya|| Ikhsan Aligarh|| Zulfikar Karimuddin || Zamhasari || Pan Mohamad Faiz || Bayu || Asnadi Hasan || Umi Kalsum || Erdenesuvd Biraa || Andi Bagus || Madha Yudis || Belum mandi || Koeaing || Hamzar || Rosa || Ghifarie || Kawas || Wazeen || Swara Muslim || Forum Swara Muslim ||

My Gallery   Scholarship Blog

Yunita Ramadhana Blog   The World of English Literature

    Subscribe in 

NewsGator Online   Subscribe in Rojo   Add Yunita 

Ramadhana Blog to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google Subscribe in 

Bloglines Add Yunita Ramadhana Blog to ODEO Subscribe in 

podnova     Subscribe in a reader   Add to My AOL
Subscribe in FeedLounge   Add to netvibes   Subscribe 

in Bloglines   Add to The Free Dictionary   Add to Bitty Browser   Add to Plusmo   Subscribe in 

NewsAlloy
Add to Excite 

MIX   Add to Pageflakes   Add to netomat Hub   Subscribe to Yunita Ramadhana Blog   Powered by FeedBurner   I 

heart FeedBurner


eXTReMe Tracker