Friday, December 16, 2005

Story: Psychopath and Library (4)

PSYCHOPATH AND LIBRARY (4)
By: Yunita Ramadhana

“Oh...I see.”
“What’s wrong with you Joe? You look so pale.”
“Hhm? Nothing, maybe because of cold.” I don’t tell her that I was followed by Sammy. “Do you believe that he’s the murder?”
She keeps silent, no words come out from her.
“Hello?...What’re you thinking about? we’ve arrived.
“Oh ya? Thanks a lot. Do you mind if I go home together with you tomorrow?
“Of course not. I’ll be waiting tomorrow, bye...”
“Bye...”


Monday, 17th September 2003...
Beautiful morning! The wind blows slowly touching my skin. It seems that the activities in this campus is running. I come earlier today. How a beautiful and nice morning, I thought. I’m very happy as nobody tails me around this week. That Sammy is the murder is maybe not true.
“Joe!” I hear loud voice calling me.
“Hi Son,” I see Soni is running towards me.
It’s almost one week since I and Soni became closer. He often accompanies me to library so that my frighten is gone whenever I should go home in late. He likes my best friend for me, as also with Anti and Hani.
“Why do you come so early today?”
“I wake up earlier this morning and there’s no traffic today, that’s why I come earlier.”
“Eehm... you’re going to library today?”
“Yope, preparing data for my paper. Join? Your paper has not complete also, right?”
“Yeah, but I can’t today. If you want, I can pick you up at 7.00 p.m as I have to take my mom to the Mall around here, want you?”
“Of course I want, but are you sure?”
“Definitely sure, you help me so much, it means nothing. So?”
“Ok, I wait at 7.00 p.m.”

Short in length, we reach the class; and as usual, all of my friend tease us when they see both of us walk side by side entering the class.
“Suit...suit... new couple has come.” I’m just smiling and ignoring them.
“Hi Han,” I speak to Hani who is reading a book.
“Hi Joe, both of you seem very closed today.”
“Ah you, don’t say like that, it’s nothing.”
“It’s ok if there’s something special,” she replies in a naughty smile.
“There’s nothing special Han, she’s just help me about my lesson, that’s it,” Soni supports my statement.
“I see...” she replies.

I hear foot step from outside. The clock shows 9.00 a.m. It is absolutely Mrs. Dewi. And apparently...
“Morning all...” she says and walk in to the class.
“Morning...”
Our conversation is over. Fortunately, all the lessons are over at 2.30 p.m. I have much times to study in the library. I walk to the library and in the way I meet Anti.
“Joe! Going to library?”
“Yope, do you?”
“So do I. My friends say that there’s a new student, Soni, in your class and now you’re very closed. Is it true?”
“Yeah. He ask me to help him in getting the lesson. I’ll introduce him to you as he will pick me up at 7.00 p.m tonight, but if you mind.”
“Sure, I want to know what kind of man he is.”
“An, you’ve not answered my question last week.”
“Which one?”
“About the murder, do you believe it?”
“Ooh that one.” Anti says nothing for a while.
“Eeh Joe, we’ve arrived.” For a so-and-so times, the conversation is delayed.

There’re so many people who are reading seriously in this room. There’s no place anymore, but oops! I find it. There’s a table at the corner where Sammy used last week. I know it very well. But it’s ok, it’s better than nothing. Anti and I move there. It’s so silent. If there’s someone talks with, he or she will be chased. Because of reading very seriously, I do not realize that it’s already 6.50 p.m. Oh my God! I forget it, Soni will come soon.

“Anti, have you finished? Lets go home, Soni will come soon,” I speak to her confidentally.
“Sure, let’s go home,” she replies and takes her books. We walk to outside. It’s already dark.
“An, do you believe the rumours?” I ask her.
“Heh? About Sammy?”
“Do you?” I ask her once again.
“Mmm... In the first time, I don’t believe it as he’s a generous man. But when I think more further, I somewhat believe it,” she answers. And then, she is silent for a while.
“Do you believe it?”

From the opposite side, I see a man walk closer to us. At first I think he is Soni, but... that is Sammy!!! My beat heart turns so fast. He passes us and look at me very incisive. He also looks at Anti’s earing which is only one.
“An, that’s Sammy! You see him?”
“I do.”
“By the way, do you believe it?”
“Not at all, but after that night...”
“Joe,” a man voice shouts to us.
“Hi Son,” I reply. “Son, this is our senior Anti whom I tell to you.”
“Anti,” she saids and looks at Soni very closely.
“Soni. It’s Anti who makes you anxious about the mysterious murder in this campus, right?”
“Yope, and I quess she knows the suspection.”

(To be continued...)


Scholarship Blog International Scholarships

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


:: F R I E N D S::
|| Purwarno Hadinata || Rozio || A. Fatih Syuhud || Rizqon Khamami || A Qisai || Lukman Nul Hakim|| Zamhasari Jamil|| Rini Ekayati|| Najlah Naqiyah || Zulfitri || Fadlan Achdan|| Tylla Subijantoro|| Saifullah Hayati Nur|| Mukhlis Zamzami|| Edward Ott|| Thinley|| Ahmed|| Dudi Aligarh|| Irwansyah Yahya|| Ikhsan Aligarh|| Zulfikar Karimuddin || Zamhasari || Pan Mohamad Faiz || Bayu || Asnadi Hasan || Umi Kalsum || Erdenesuvd Biraa || Andi Bagus || Madha Yudis || Belum mandi || Koeaing || Hamzar || Rosa || Ghifarie || Kawas || Wazeen || Swara Muslim || Forum Swara Muslim ||

My Gallery   Scholarship Blog

Yunita Ramadhana Blog   The World of English Literature

    Subscribe in 

NewsGator Online   Subscribe in Rojo   Add Yunita 

Ramadhana Blog to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google Subscribe in 

Bloglines Add Yunita Ramadhana Blog to ODEO Subscribe in 

podnova     Subscribe in a reader   Add to My AOL
Subscribe in FeedLounge   Add to netvibes   Subscribe 

in Bloglines   Add to The Free Dictionary   Add to Bitty Browser   Add to Plusmo   Subscribe in 

NewsAlloy
Add to Excite 

MIX   Add to Pageflakes   Add to netomat Hub   Subscribe to Yunita Ramadhana Blog   Powered by FeedBurner   I 

heart FeedBurner


eXTReMe Tracker