Thursday, December 15, 2005

Story: Psychopath and Library (3)

PSYCHOPATH AND LIBRARY (3)
By: Yunita Ramadhana

“Son, I wanna go to the lending devision for asking the book which I can’t find out. Maybe it’s borrowed by someone else as last week I saw it. Is it ok?”
“Never mind, you will come again, right?”
“Sure. You may read that books which can help you enough to complete your lessons.
“Ok.”

I go to the front side of this place, to the lending devision. I ask the officer, Mrs. Santi, about the book An Outline of English Phonetics, written by Daniel Jones. She says that the book has being lent and maybe will be returned this evening. Oh my God, why can it be happened? Should I come back this evening? Alas... The murder story which Hani told me this morning reappears in my mind. Whether I want or not, I must come this evening, as without that book I have not enough data for my presentation. I turn over, and walk to Soni.


“Is it good Son?”
“Yope, it is very good, but I have no library card, so I can’t borrow it. How about yours?”
“Useless. Mrs. Santi said that the book had being borowed and will be returned this evening. If you want, I will borrow those books for you, do you?”
“Absolutely, do you mind?”
“It’s ok. Besides, I have to come again this evening for the book. Terrible! We have class ten minutes more.”
Soni and I run to the class.

In the evening... at 5.00 p.m
At last, the lesson is over. I stride from my seat towards Soni.
“Son, You want to borrow the books now?”
“Not now, I wanna go home as I should go with my mom to mall. Maybe next time, I want to make my card first to make it easier.”
“Ok, I go, see you...”

I’m out from my class, going to library. The weather is so cloudy, the sky seems so dark. The rain will be coming, I thought,I have to hurry up. Running a little bit, I reach the library. I move to Mrs. Santi directly.
“How about the book mam? Has it being returned?”
“Oh Joe, it’s not, maybe in a minute, around 5.30 p.m.”
“Who borrows it?”
“Sammy, the seventh semester student. He likes borrowing books and return it in time. Just wait.”

Sammy? The story resounds in my mind. Waiting until 5.30 p.m? Half hour later? Oh my Lord...it’s a curse. The rain will falling soon. Forget it, Joe! there are many people here. Waiting for it, I read some books for preparing my presentation tomorrow. I see my clock, it’s already 6 o’clock. Looking outside, the ran has felt down. I turn over my body. I see a man is talking with Mrs. Santi and returning some books. His face is not so clear as closed by his hat, and my seat is also far from there. Suddenly, he looks at me. His eyes look at me sharply, like eyes of eagle which want to swallow its victim in live. My heart beat so fast. I turn my body over soon. Oh my God... I have to out from here, but...alas! the rain becomes heavier, what should I do? My fear spread to all my body, am I the next one? Calm down Joe, he’s not absolutely the murder.

I turn back my face to Mrs. Santi. Best luck! He’s not there anymore. I move from my seat. But, when I look at the table in the corner, I see a siluet of a man wearing a hat is reading books. That’s him, It’s Sammy! Oh Lord, please help me, I pray. I walk hardly to Mrs. Santi.
“What’s up Joe? You’re so pale!”
“It’s ok mam, maybe feeling cold,” I reply. Am I such scary? That’s make my face turns pale.
“Here’s the book, it’s just returned,” she says and points out to Sammy who is reading a book. "That's Sammy," she adds.
“I’ll take it mam, I want to go home now, it’s too late,” I give my card.
“Ok. But the rain is still falling down outside, so wait it for a while,” she replies.

I’m silent, no answer. Waiting? One minute likes one century for me as there’s a man named Sammy in this building. But never minds, I’ll wait around fifteen minutes, if it’s not subside I must go home before I’m regret.

15 minutes has gone...
The rain is subside and I must go home now. Sammy still concerns with his books. Saying good bye to Mrs. Santi, I walk out from the library. I walk through the rain that seems more heavier. In a same time, I feel there is a couple of eyes watch surreptitiously on me, and I hear foot step following me. From the corner of my eyes, I see vaguely a man wearing a hat walks behind on me. I walk in hurry and at last I reach the main gate, and run to the bus stop which full of people immediately. Looking to the back, I realize that the man is Sammy! Is it true that he’s the murder? In a distance, I see a black car which seems familiar for me moving to the bus stop and stop in front of me.
“Hi Joe, lets get in, it’s too late,” Anti shouts to me and open the door.
“Hi An,” I get in to the car. God bless me.
“Diligent girl, you must be from library, do you?”
“I do, I borrow some books for presentation.”
We are silent for some times.
“An,” I break the solitude. “I’ve known the reasons why you feel surprise that I’m not afraid to go home from library at night. Hani, my classmate, told me.”
“That’s good. She told you all?”
“Without exception. The story from three years ago until last year, including the suspection. Sammy is the contemporary suspection, right?”
“Sammy? Most of people in this campus suspected that Sammy is the murder because he’s very close and familiar with all the victims. He is clever, diligent, generous, so that there are a lot of students, male or female, often ask him about anything. Since the rumours blow up, no body wants to close to him.

(To be continued...)



Scholarship Blog International Scholarships

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


:: F R I E N D S::
|| Purwarno Hadinata || Rozio || A. Fatih Syuhud || Rizqon Khamami || A Qisai || Lukman Nul Hakim|| Zamhasari Jamil|| Rini Ekayati|| Najlah Naqiyah || Zulfitri || Fadlan Achdan|| Tylla Subijantoro|| Saifullah Hayati Nur|| Mukhlis Zamzami|| Edward Ott|| Thinley|| Ahmed|| Dudi Aligarh|| Irwansyah Yahya|| Ikhsan Aligarh|| Zulfikar Karimuddin || Zamhasari || Pan Mohamad Faiz || Bayu || Asnadi Hasan || Umi Kalsum || Erdenesuvd Biraa || Andi Bagus || Madha Yudis || Belum mandi || Koeaing || Hamzar || Rosa || Ghifarie || Kawas || Wazeen || Swara Muslim || Forum Swara Muslim ||

My Gallery   Scholarship Blog

Yunita Ramadhana Blog   The World of English Literature

    Subscribe in 

NewsGator Online   Subscribe in Rojo   Add Yunita 

Ramadhana Blog to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google Subscribe in 

Bloglines Add Yunita Ramadhana Blog to ODEO Subscribe in 

podnova     Subscribe in a reader   Add to My AOL
Subscribe in FeedLounge   Add to netvibes   Subscribe 

in Bloglines   Add to The Free Dictionary   Add to Bitty Browser   Add to Plusmo   Subscribe in 

NewsAlloy
Add to Excite 

MIX   Add to Pageflakes   Add to netomat Hub   Subscribe to Yunita Ramadhana Blog   Powered by FeedBurner   I 

heart FeedBurner


eXTReMe Tracker