Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Story: Psychopath and Library (2)

PSYCHOPATH AND LIBRARY (2)
By: Yunita Ramadhana

“Ooh... May I ask you?” My mind turns back to the conversation last night.
“Sure, about what?”
“Do you know Anti, the fifth semester student?”
“Of course, why?”
“Last week, I met her in the library. She said that I’m the only one new student who’s not afraid going home from library at night, what’s going on Han?”

She says no words for a while.
“Han???”
“Ya...eh...eh...”
“What’s up?”


Taking a long breath, she tries to answer my question.
“Are you sure?”
I nod my head and still thinking what what really happens.
“Around three years ago, there’s a female student found in death in front of our library, with ten stabs around her chest and stomach.”
I’m so surprise! I feel warm and eerie in all my body after hearing that. My heart beats so fast.
“Having investigated, the victim is a new student in this campus.”
“How you know it?” I ask.
“Our senior told me,” she replies.
“Then?”
“Two years ago, the same incident happens again with the same characteristics. She is also a new student, somes from Surabaya and having interest to stay in library for a long time till night. And then, it happens again last year.”

New student? From Surabaya? Library interest? Oh my God, am I the next? That minds remind in my head.
We’re silent for a while. I take long breath, trying to calm my heart beat down. I feel so dying, my throats becomes dry. No words I can say. And now, I understand why Anti asks me such question last week.
“Surprise Joe?”
“Eer...eer...not too much.”
“You really don’t know it Joe?”
“Nope. Have the murdered being arrested?”
“Not yet till now. The police can’t find the murder. He’s too terrific. They guess the murder is the same person and maybe he is a psychopath who kills someone without any reason.”
“Is he a student in this campus?”
“Not clear, maybe yes.”
“Maybe? You have your own prediction, hah?”
“Yeah. Most of students predicted that the murder is Sammy. You know him?”
“Sammy in the seventh semester? who is taciturn and has a little friends, right?”
“Yope.”
“How come?”

In a same time, it is heard sound of foot steps come into the room. I see all my friends come in a rush, and Mr. Samson’s figure with his “killer” face comes from behind. But wait! There’s an unknown man, who is so handsome, in tall and proportional stature, following him enters the class. The class turns quiet, and as before the conversation is delayed one more time.

“Morning everybody...”
“Morning sir...”
“Before continuing this lesson, I want to introduce your new friend, his name is Soni, comes from Jakarta,” he points out to the handsome strange man.
“Morning,” he says in a sweet smile on his face.
“Morning...”
All the girls in the class whisper each other and keep looking at Soni with full admirity, including me. It cannot be denied that he is so cute, almost perfect. He walks to look for seat and finally decided to sit behind me. The lesson begins...


At 12.30 p.m, the class is over...
Mr. Samson walks out from the class and followed by my friends who are not patient anymore waiting the class to be over. The room is empty. There’s only Hani, Sony_the handsome man_, and me.
“Joe, lets go to canteen, I’m hungry!” Hani says.
“You go first. I wanna go to library, returning my book,” I reply.
“I see,” She says to me and smiling to Soni.
“Thanks.”

I take my bag, move from my seat and go to library. But suddenly...
“Your name is Joe, right?” a man voice calls me.
“Yeah, my name is Joyce, but our friends call me Joe,” I turn my head.
“May I join with you? I want to look for books to complete my lessons. Would you help this new student please?”
“Of course, but I can’t help you much since I’m also a new one here. I come from Surabaya.”
“Really? But it’s ok. Whatever it is, you are the first than me, isn’t it?”
“Yeah. Let’s go now.”
“Ok.”

We walk toward the library. As soon as we arrive, I return the book which I borrow some days ago in order I can borrow another ones. Having done it, Soni and I move to the book shelves which order in arrangement, but can’t change its mysterious image, maybe it is because of the old style architechture of this place. Concerning to the books for fifteen minutes, I find one of my wanted books. While I help Soni looking for his books, I keep concern in looking for one more book which is very important to my presentation, which its “dead line”is only three days in rest, but unfortunately I cannot find it.

(To be continued...)


Scholarship Blog International Scholarships

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


:: F R I E N D S::
|| Purwarno Hadinata || Rozio || A. Fatih Syuhud || Rizqon Khamami || A Qisai || Lukman Nul Hakim|| Zamhasari Jamil|| Rini Ekayati|| Najlah Naqiyah || Zulfitri || Fadlan Achdan|| Tylla Subijantoro|| Saifullah Hayati Nur|| Mukhlis Zamzami|| Edward Ott|| Thinley|| Ahmed|| Dudi Aligarh|| Irwansyah Yahya|| Ikhsan Aligarh|| Zulfikar Karimuddin || Zamhasari || Pan Mohamad Faiz || Bayu || Asnadi Hasan || Umi Kalsum || Erdenesuvd Biraa || Andi Bagus || Madha Yudis || Belum mandi || Koeaing || Hamzar || Rosa || Ghifarie || Kawas || Wazeen || Swara Muslim || Forum Swara Muslim ||

My Gallery   Scholarship Blog

Yunita Ramadhana Blog   The World of English Literature

    Subscribe in 

NewsGator Online   Subscribe in Rojo   Add Yunita 

Ramadhana Blog to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google Subscribe in 

Bloglines Add Yunita Ramadhana Blog to ODEO Subscribe in 

podnova     Subscribe in a reader   Add to My AOL
Subscribe in FeedLounge   Add to netvibes   Subscribe 

in Bloglines   Add to The Free Dictionary   Add to Bitty Browser   Add to Plusmo   Subscribe in 

NewsAlloy
Add to Excite 

MIX   Add to Pageflakes   Add to netomat Hub   Subscribe to Yunita Ramadhana Blog   Powered by FeedBurner   I 

heart FeedBurner


eXTReMe Tracker